For the Carlson School’s Driven campaign, we have identified four priorities as essential to our mission and our success.
A Force for Leadership
- We will focus on securing unrestricted, multi-year renewable scholarships to enable future leadership to quickly adapt recruitment strategies to best fit ever-evolving needs.
- We will improve the school’s student diversity to better reflect changing demographics in Minnesota and the needs of our corporate partners.
- We will double the amount of available MBA fellowship funds to significantly raise the profile of future MBA classes.
A Force for Transformation
- We want to ensure that 100 percent of students who demonstrate financial need receive the support they need to fulfill their education abroad requirement. The Carlson Global Institute seeks 200 new education abroad scholarships at a minimal level of $2,500 each.
- We will expand the reach of the Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship to be the hub for entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities throughout Minnesota.
- We will launch an undergraduate enrichment initiative to expand the school’s signature experiential learning program across the undergraduate population.
A Force for Innovation
- We will invest in three new endowed chairs in emerging areas such as data analytics and management information systems.
- We will create 12 to 15 new endowed professorships designed for retaining top junior faculty and emerging stars.
- We will increase the amount of research support afforded to our faculty to better compete with peer institutions.
A Force for Engagement
- We will create flexible classrooms and add more project rooms to reflect a changing pedagogy aligned with experiential learning.
- We will increase technology overlay to support global education needs and to better accommodate significant program growth.
- We will improve student engagement and external outreach by creating more community space, including major renovations to the building’s atrium and auditorium.
All gifts and commitments made to the Carlson School on or after July 1, 2012, will be included in the campaign totals.
How to give?
612-626-8560 or 800-775-2185
University of Minnesota Foundation
C-M 9407 P.O. Box 70870
St. Paul, MN 55170-9407
Other ways to give:
The Dean’s Excellence Fund supports unrestricted gifts that provide the dean with the flexibility to respond to immediate needs and opportunities.
Learn more at z.umn.edu/DeansFund
Donors who exceed an annual threshold of giving are eligible to join the Investors Circle at the partner level, and recent graduates may join at an associate level. All members receive exclusive benefits.
Learn more at z.umn.edu/InvestorsCircle
Impart Assets to the Carlson School. You can designate retirement assets, life insurance policies, or a portion of your estate to benefit the school.
Learn more at carlsonschool.umn.edu/giving/estate-gift-planning
For up-to-date campaign progress and inspirational stories, visit:
Institutional Advancement | Carlson School of Management
321 19th Avenue S., Suite 4-300, Minneapolis, MN 55455